Figure Drawing with Titans















Long time no post!! Wow--it's been quite a while!!!

Summer has definitely been an adventurous roller coaster ride since I've been interning here at the Walt Disney Animation studios. It's been exciting to meet the giants of animation here at the Studio of not only Disney, but Pixar as well. I'm making plenty of new friends and acquaintances that I hope will last a lifetime. Unfortunately, I can not speak of my goings-ons here at the studio---yes, yes....grumble grumble!! Although, I will share with you all my drawings that I've done in Karl Gnass' anatomy classes. These vary from 1- 5 min. poses and were completed with compressed charcoal. The very first drawing was done in a private figure session with James Finch and Bill Perkins.

I feel very small among these animation masters.

10 comments:

Andrew said...

Very cool drawings!

Louise Smythe said...

Freakin' sweet! I can really feel some sense of weight in those. I'm so glad you're loving Disney!

Haylee said...

Andrew: Thank-you so much!!

Louise: Thanks for the kind words, lady!! I hope you learned lots at the Academy and are going to be going a second time!!

Frame Theory said...

Finally, a post! Haha. Nice figure work.

Alex Ristevski said...

Awesome work! These drawings are great, must be pretty overwhelming meeting all the masters of the animation business. Good luck :)

Kendra Melton said...

Nice, i think my favorite is the 10th down(5th up). I'm specifically drawn to that one because of its movement. Keep up the great work! :]

Bill Perkins is awesome!

Haylee said...

Alejandro & Alex: Thank-you guys. I appreciate the kind words.

Kendra: Thanks girl! I particularly like that drawing as well, mostly because I left a lot to be interpreted by the viewer. I hope you're doing well!

Owen Williams said...

Really nice stuff

Samuel Sathler said...

Incredible life drawings! You´re so young and seems to be a complete artist already!

Francesco Giroldini said...

these are fantastic