Figures, Figures, Figures....





Hey everyone, thought that I should put something up since it's been quite some time since I've updated. I was feeling guilty and figured I should let you guys see what I've been up to. I was trying to hold over on a post until I got my huge portrait assignment properly photographed. I'm having a bit of trouble trying to find help in photographing it. On another note, I have plenty of figure work to show varying from paintings to conte charcoal drawings. Been checking out Steven Assael and Michael Hussar with their wicked painting styles. It really blows my mind how many colors that can be found in flesh. I just need to lay off that cadmium orange a bit and let those much more pale colors play against the darks. I've just been revisiting the basics with value and color in my work as of late, since I've realized I lack a lot of that basic structure in my pieces.

Also, for all of those who missed the Next Step Conference this year at Ringling; it really was a blast. Chris Sickels of Red Nose Studio came the first night and gave a powerful testimony of struggle and failure that inspired and gave hope to a lot of people in the room. For sure it was very comforting and wonderful to see his process and it was a great pleasure to be able to skim through his sketchbook. Go and check out Chris' stuff out, it's great stuff!

Oh, and the pic at the bottom is from the conference where the concept guys, Chris Sickels and fellow Ringlingians (I guess that's what we are?) are conversing together and having a good time.

Cheers!

~Haylee

0 comments: