In the Life of...



Please forgive the complete Norman Rockwell reference to this image...I could not help but put these two together in this illustration. It certainly feels good just to concentrate on line and familiarize yourself with the characters. There are still a few quirks and kinks that need to be smoothed with this piece, although I am quite happy with the results of the silhouettes. Those are always such a challenge!

Also, I'm in great need of commission work...and I know what you're thinking: "I don't have the money the give you kid." And that's fine, we all could use some extra help in this economic time. Although, soon I plan on moving out to California and have little in means of dollars to make the trip there. Character designs are my specialty, yet I'm very open at this point. Any help you guys can offer would be most graciously accepted.

Cheers,

-HH

10 comments:

Avner Geller said...

These are great Haylee! really appealing, I love the 2nd from the right on the top row :)

Eric Braddock said...

Looking great, Haylee! Very impressive stuff :)

Sammy! said...

this is absolutely amazing, inspiring piece! ^_^

Adam said...

Fabulous! Nice range of expressive poses!

francisvallejo said...

very nice work Ms. Herrick

Erin McGuire said...

These have such nice expression in them. Great work :)
If you're looking for freelance work, try submitting your site to other blogs that have more exposure, like drawn, or lines and colors, or whatever blogs are more likely to have art directors watching. A little clever self promotion online goes a long way :)

Haylee said...

Thank-you everyone! Your support and wonderful feedback are most welcome.

Also, Erin, thank-you for the advice about Drawn and Lines & Colors.

Danny Araya said...

I've hopelessly fallen in love with your work.

BJ Crawford said...

forgive the norman rockwell reference??? i LOVE it!

Great work, indeed.

BJ

Haylee said...

I'm very flattered...

BJ, I am most honored to have you posting here again. You are most welcome!